Matter: Anything that has mass, as well as volume, is called matter.
Matter exists in four states i.e. solid, liquid, gas and plasma.
Comparison of three states of matter
Some Important Uses of Liquid Gases:
- Compressed natural gas (CNG) is used as fuel in vehicles.
- Liquid oxygen is used in hospitals for patients suffering from breathing problems.
- Liquid nitrogen is used by dermatologists and by inseminators to freeze semen.
- Liquid chlorine is used for purification of water, sanitation of industrial waste, sewage and swimming pools. It is also used to bleach paper pulp and textile. It is used in the manufacturing of chloroform, carbon tetra chloride etc.
- Liquefaction of helium below 2.17 K, liquid has many amazing properties, such as climbing the walls of the vessel, and exhibition of zero viscosity.
- Liquefaction of air is done to obtain nitrogen, oxygen and argon.